Account Executive/Senior Account Executive
Service is your middle name.
You’re a people person. You’re adept at building professional relationships and coordinating with others on projects. You’re a strategic thinker with a heightened sense of responsibility and integrity. You can apply intelligent marketing and advertising strategies, manage the details and respond to requests. And you understand the value of trust, clear communications and collaboration.
You may be the AE we need.
An Account Executive oversees assigned client relationships and is the primary point of contact between the agency and client when a Senior Account Executive is not assigned to the account. Account Executives and Senior Account Executives are focused on building and maintaining a strong working relationship with clients, as well as ensuring that assigned clients consistently receive the highest level of service. In this capacity, they coordinate and collaborate with colleagues, including division directors, account planners, media planners and buyers, copywriters, designers and administrative staff, overseeing the completion of client tasks. Individuals identified as Senior Account Executives are responsible for a larger portfolio of client accounts in terms of agency revenue and complexity, and have greater agency and/or industry experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the day-to-day point person on assigned accounts, available to respond to client questions and concerns.
- Organize and participate in client meetings and client status calls.
- Develop and send weekly client status reports.
- Ensure that account services support is available to clients during normal business hours.
- Assist in developing new business and seek opportunities to promote agency services to clients when appropriate. Present new concepts and strategies to client with Account Supervisor and/or Division Director.
- Stay well-versed in all aspects of assigned accounts and client projects that are in the queue.
- Along with the Account Supervisor, Division Director and VP of Account Services, lead the development of strategic direction for clients.
- Coordinate all client interaction with other members of the AB&C account team and freelancers, as well as client contacts and business contractors, in order to:
- Provide guidance, as needed, to other AB&C departments, freelancers and contractors.
- Initiate estimates, budget authorizations and creative briefs in response to client needs and expectations.
- Review recommendations for consistency with established strategy and goals, and monitor the implementation of approved strategies and plans.
- Review creative, media, PR/SM and research recommendations before they are sent to the client.
- Ensure that all internal and external client deadlines are met.
- Document client input via client conference reports, creative briefs, work orders, project scope documents, etc.
- Manage assigned client account’s monthly billing and reconciliations as necessary.
- Lead client and internal conference calls, meetings and reviews as needed or scheduled.
- Three to four years of work experience in an advertising agency or in a related field.; five to nine years of experience for Senior Account Executives.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, marketing or communications.
- Understands the components of marketing and advertising strategies, and can apply them in making decisions.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with many different personalities.
- Prioritizes client expectations and needs, revising plans when required.
- Generates innovative, creative ideas and solutions.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Energetic, approachable, enthusiastic and able to communicate clearly.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Skilled at multitasking.
Explore this website to get a sense of who we are – as well as the clients we serve.
Send your resume. Kick your career into high gear.