Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for performing a broad range of HR and administrative duties. Responsibilities include serving as the initial point of contact for employee inquiries and issues, talent search and recruitment; managing the onboarding process and benefits enrollment and processing; and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of employment-related rules and regulations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to employment, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance, such as FMLA, I-9/E-Verify and COVID-19.
- Train, coach and provide agencywide guidance and counsel on HR knowledge, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all HR procedures and processes are followed for compliance and efficiency.
- File records and communications.
- Diversity — Focus on diversifying our workforce for immediate and long-term plans.
- Recruitment — Assist with the staff recruitment and selection process (placing ads, interviewing, processing applications, contacting managers, providing feedback regarding candidates and checking references).
- Create/modify job descriptions for approval by department head.
- New-hire orientation — Develop, maintain and manage the orientation process and records, including benefits enrollment and follow-through of benefits as well as processing of I-9 forms.
- Terminations — Manage exit process and off-boarding, including benefits and systems.
- Establish and maintain all employee personnel records.
- Employee relations — Answer or route employee questions and enhance positive relations throughout the agency; when necessary, conduct effective investigations and advise supervisors on corrective actions, as well as manage and track goal-setting and improvement plans.
- Manage HR records — Keep accurate/complete records on all HR/employee matters.
- Workplace culture and morale — Support over 90 people in 3 locations, plus remote staff. Work closely with management and employees to maintain positive work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Help develop programs aimed at optimizing employee morale and teamwork.
- Benefits management — Assist with implementing open-enrollment process. Answer and resolve employee questions regarding benefit plans.
- Employee evaluations and reviews — Provide HR guidance to managers.
- Professional development — Identify training needs for individuals and the agency as a whole. Evaluate and monitor the success of training.
- Confidentiality — Handle sensitive situations and documentation confidentially.
- Handbook / Policy and Procedure Manual — Lead effort in coordination with management team to develop policies and enforce procedures in accordance with DOL law, AB&C culture and current HR trends.
- Handle other administrative duties, such as various tasks and projects that may be assigned.
- Complete timesheets daily.
We offer a supportive and friendly environment, a competitive salary, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match.
Diversity at AB&C
We are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion. We invite people from varying backgrounds and experiences to join us.