Accounting Positions: AR, AP, General
Do you love accounting but take offense to accounting jokes? Do you love numbers but hate being treated like one? Then break out your spreadsheet and see how many boxes you fill.
AB&C is looking for an experienced Accounting Specialist who enjoys working in a fun, familial environment to join our growing team. Someone who is self-motivated and able to work independently yet also enjoys being part of a strong accounting team that prides itself on being an integral part of an ad agency’s operations and success.
Skills That Will Make You Successful
- The primary focus of this position will be accounts receivable duties, which entails working with the client account services team to provide excellent client financial services. In this role, you will review and maintain accurate client records, ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected — while assisting in recording and monitoring client budgets.
- The right candidate would have experience in (or be able to quickly learn) all aspects of accounting department functions, which will help with the overall implementation of the accounts receivable role and allow the candidate to support the needs of the entire department.
- Strong communication and multitasking skills, as well as the willingness to ask questions and make suggestions to improve our organization and processes.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
- Detail oriented, organized.
- Strong math and computer skills.
- Comfort and proficiency with technology.
- Experience working with an accounting software system, such as QuickBooks, Clients & Profits or Workamajig (yes, that is a real name).
- Ability to quickly learn industry-specific ad-agency accounting software programs.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
AB&C is the largest full-service independent marketing and communications agency in the region. Here, you’ll work alongside (well, eventually — we’re currently working remotely) smart, fun-loving and energetic people. As part of a full-service agency, you’ll work in a collaborative team and be able to see how your role in the finance department directly impacts other areas of the business.
We offer a supportive and friendly environment, a competitive salary, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match.
Diversity at AB&C
We are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion. We invite people from all backgrounds and experiences to join us.