Experienced Web Developer
Aloysius Butler & Clark is looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our talented and award-winning digital creative team. As part of our growing digital department, the Web Developer will collaborate with our designers, animators and other developers to manage, build and deliver best-in-class user experiences for our clients. This is not an entry-level position so please apply ready to talk about some of the items and technologies on the lists below and tell our digital team about all the cool web stuff you’ve done!
The Web Developer will also assist with quality assurance, including troubleshooting client issues and performing maintenance of existing sites (WordPress/Gatsby/ASP.NET). If you’re the type of person who eats, breathes and dreams of all things digital, then we’d love to talk with you.
The following are required for the role. Get in touch if you have lots of experience with most of these:
- WordPress (development, templates, plug-ins, hosting e.g. Pantheon, WP Engine, Flywheel)
- Node.js, NPM
- Distributed version control (Git)
- Experience with third-party APIs and concepts (REST, JSON, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.)
- Comfortable using iterative development approaches
- Familiarity with WCAG accessibility and other website industry standards
- Comfortable extrapolating new designs from existing designs and working with designers for ongoing design needs
Experience with a handful of these items and technologies will make you a stronger candidate:
- ASP.NET (Classic/Core, C#, IoC, DI)
- Headless CMS (Storyblok, Prismic, DatoCMS)
- CSS preprocessors
- Tailwind CSS
- Google Tag Manager
- Any of these: Postmark, SendGrid, Campaign Monitor, Active Campaign, Twilio, Azure Cosmos DB, Call Tracking Metrics, Airtable, Trello
- WordPress plug-ins: Advanced Custom Fields, Contact Form, Gravity Forms, Elementor Pro, Toolset
- Coding/testing responsive emails
- Animation concepts, techniques, libraries
- Agency experience
AB&C is the largest full-service independent marketing and communications agency in the region. Here, you’ll work alongside (well, eventually, as we’re currently working remotely) smart, fun-loving and energetic people. As part of a collaborative team, you’ll be able to see how your role directly impacts other areas of the business.
We offer a supportive and friendly environment, a competitive salary, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match.
Diversity at AB&C
We are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion. We invite people from all backgrounds and experiences to join us.