Accounts Receivable Specialist
Do you love accounting but take offense to accounting jokes? Do you love numbers but hate being treated like one? Then break out your spreadsheet and see how many boxes you fill.
AB&C is looking for a knowledgeable Accounts Receivable Specialist who enjoys working in a fun, familial environment to join our growing team. Someone who is self-motivated and able to work independently yet also enjoys being part of a strong accounting team that prides itself on being an integral part of an ad agency’s operations and success.
What You’ll Do
- Working with the client account services team to provide excellent client financial services.
- Maintain accurate client records ex. invoices, budget authorizations, client purchase orders.
- Ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected.
- Support account services in recording and monitoring of client budgets.
- Assist with end of month internal reporting as well as any reporting required by clients.
- Provide additional support for other accounting department functions, including accounts payable and media payable duties.
What You’ll Need
- Experience or be able to quickly learn all aspects of accounting department processes.
- Strong communication and multitasking skills, as well as the willingness to ask questions and make suggestions to improve our organization and processes.
- Excellent record-keeping skills.
- Detail oriented, organized.
- Strong math and computer skills.
- Comfort and proficiency with technology.
- Experience working with an accounting software system, such as QuickBooks, Clients & Profits or Workamajig (yes, that is a real name).
- Ability to quickly learn industry-specific ad-agency accounting software programs.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams.
AB&C is the largest full-service independent marketing and communications agency in the region. Here, you’ll work alongside (well, eventually — we’re currently working remotely) smart, fun-loving and energetic people. As part of a full-service agency, you’ll work in a collaborative team and be able to see how your role in the finance department directly impacts other areas of the business.
We offer a supportive and friendly environment, a competitive salary, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match.
Diversity at AB&C
We are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion. We invite people from all backgrounds and experiences to join us.