Senior Account Executive, Public Relations
PR Senior Account Executives (SRAEs) at AB&C are involved in every facet of direct client service. While each SRAE’s accountabilities will vary depending on the needs of their current roster of clients, SRAEs are expected to know how to create and implement the various aspects of the marketing plans that are established for their assigned clients. SRAEs should be capable of handling the complete range of public relations services and demonstrate an understanding of marketing principles, strategic planning and account management.
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients’ business and competitive environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how strategic marketing and public relations plans are created to address clients’ business and communication goals.
- Keep supervisors informed of account status and ask for help if client plans are going astray.
- Keep abreast of what is happening in clients’ industries and become proficient in the lingo/issues/trends in those fields.
- Identify new ideas/topics that are relevant for pitches, releases, articles, speeches, etc., in clients’ fields of practice.
- Create media lists for clients.
- Develop media relationships that benefit firm’s clients and open the doors for other members of account teams to connect with those media.
- Pitch the media in an effort to place feature stories about clients, position clients as expert media sources, place clients’ bylined articles in trade press, place op-eds/letters to editor in general press, obtain coverage for special events, etc.
- Seek new media outlets for clients and regularly update media lists.
- Work with supervisor to create event themes and programs that support clients’ marketing goals.
- Coordinate events and event planning/management activities, including facility/site arrangements/setup, AV arrangements, signage, food and beverage, registration arrangements, promotional material/item creation, etc.
- Do pre-, day-of- and post-event media coverage.
- Accurately track time so that hours are accounted for.
- Bill a minimum of 80% of your time each week as client hours.
- Be accountable for accuracy of time sheets, expense billings and purchase orders.
- Review monthly billing, account budgets and billing reconciliations — and advise supervisors.
Innovation, Learning and Growth
- Pitch in on other projects as needed. This could range from editing a release to brainstorming ideas to providing administrative assistance to help a colleague meet a deadline.
- Keep abreast of news and share trends, information and contacts with colleagues. Also bring items to the table that would be relevant for current and potential client opportunities.
- Four to seven (4 – 7) years of experience. Must possess excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills. SRAEs need to be strong analytical thinkers and demonstrate skill as strategic planners who can “think outside of the box” and plan PR strategies that are consistent with clients’ business and marketing goals. Strong organizational and project management skills are needed to complete tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines. Initial supervisory skill is also required.
- Employee will need to complete daily time sheets.
We offer a supportive and friendly environment, competitive salaries, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with company match.
Diversity at AB&C
We are committed to improving diversity, equity and inclusion. We invite people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.